Portify

Home Meet Yasmeen Crafts Photography Blog Contact Me Image Map

Image Widget

Find Us On Facebook

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Text Widget

Template Hits

.

.

Want Postcards from all around the world? Join Postcrossing!

Help my blog become world-wide!

Follow me on Blog Lovin'

Follow Random Happy Thoughts

Ice Cream Drops Kawaii

Photobucket

I'm countin' on you...

Follow Random Happy Thoughts
Powered by Blogger.

Follow me by Email

Followers

About Me

My Photo
-:- Yasmeen (pronounced: yass-mean) -:- 20 yrs : I.O.U online uni student : Seattle, WA [USA] : ✎ Snail Mail Addict, Letter Writer : Photography : Creative- likes to think outside the box

Blog Archive

Kawaii Factory Shop

Click for Drop Dead Cuteness

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
By: John Boyne



boy-in-striped-pyjamas.jpg          0078693674927_500X500.jpg


Summary: Bruno, a nine year old boy, is facing challenges when he has to move to Germany because of his dad's job. He has to go make new friends, go to a new school, and face a new place. A new place where he happens to find a big fence close to their home. Why is there a big fence? What is it doing there? And why is there a young boy who's wearing blue striped pajamas on the other side of the fence? It's all about to start with the explaining of World War II. 

Opinion: I give this book 5 stars out of 5. I loved it! It was a fast-going book (216 pages) and it was interesting to read! There were some sad parts here and there, but besides that it was a great read. It makes you feel like you were actually there watching World War II take place in front of your own eyes. I not only recommend the book but the movie "The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas" also. But I recommend you read the book first and then watch the movie. It's more fun that way. John Boyne did a great job writing this book!

Give me feedback (comments) on the book/movie:
- Do you plan to read it or watch the movie?
- What was your favorite part?
- How many stars do you give it? Was it a great book or not really?
- Would you recommend this book/movie?
- What feelings did you go through while reading this book?
- Anything you would like to share about reading this book or watching the movie, would be     
  highly appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I give you feedback. :)
    I haven't read this book and haven't seen the movie yet. I don't really like books, movies about Holocaust. They are too depressing...
    But I heared only good about this book so maybe one day when I have got a lot of freetime I will read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I love this book too! It's so sad, but beautiful. It's also one of my favorite books about this part of history. My favorite are also Medallions by Zofia Nalkowska and KL Auschwitz as Seen by the SS.

    ReplyDelete