The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
By: John Boyne
Summary: Bruno, a nine year old boy, is facing challenges when he has to move to Germany because of his dad's job. He has to go make new friends, go to a new school, and face a new place. A new place where he happens to find a big fence close to their home. Why is there a big fence? What is it doing there? And why is there a young boy who's wearing blue striped pajamas on the other side of the fence? It's all about to start with the explaining of World War II.
Opinion: I give this book 5 stars out of 5. I loved it! It was a fast-going book (216 pages) and it was interesting to read! There were some sad parts here and there, but besides that it was a great read. It makes you feel like you were actually there watching World War II take place in front of your own eyes. I not only recommend the book but the movie "The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas" also. But I recommend you read the book first and then watch the movie. It's more fun that way. John Boyne did a great job writing this book!
Give me feedback (comments) on the book/movie:
- Do you plan to read it or watch the movie?
- What was your favorite part?
- How many stars do you give it? Was it a great book or not really?
- Would you recommend this book/movie?
- What feelings did you go through while reading this book?
- Anything you would like to share about reading this book or watching the movie, would be